Sunday, July 26, 2009

Smelly Gas

Stephen and I had an interesting night on Friday. Stephen had mowed the yard that day with an old mower but, it worked great. While getting gas for the mower he accidently spilled the container in the bed of his truck. Later that night we went out to eat and came home and smelled the gas in the gagrage and slightly in the house, so he moved the truck out of the garage. A few hours after we had gone to bed Stephen woke me up to ask if I smelled gas. I wasn't really awake and didn't want to be so I said no. About thirty minutes later I woke up told him I did smell gas. The smell had engulfed our house and was getting worse. Stephen realized the lawn mower was leaking and moved it out also. We opened all the windows and were still nervous about the babies so I tried to sleep in the closet because there is no air vent in there. That lasted about thirty minutes and then I decided I needed to sleep on the porch to avoid the smell. The back porch is scary and had a snake before and so that was out. So I sat on the front porch for the next few hours until the smell went away. At 6:45 am our house was finally smelly free. I bet you thought I was going to blog about some other gas. I hope you're not disappointed.

1 comment:

LNel said...

Please call us next time, and you can come sleep at our house any time of the night. You guys have the craziest stories. And, yes I did think it would be about a different kind of gas.