Monday, February 6, 2012

And Mother of the Year goes tooo......


** No children were harmed in the making of this story**

The good news is I met a new neighbor today. Bad news is I also met the local fire department and police department.

Today has been pretty eventful. This morning the kids and I went to story time and I was able to see one of my favorite people and her baby. Then we came home to eat lunch. We were running a little late and Drew was fussy the whole way home so I guess I was a little frazzled. I pulled in the garage and tossed my keys in the passenger seat to get when I got Charis out. The only problem is that my clicker hasn't worked in while so I have a habit of hitting the lock button when I get out of the car. That's right. I locked my babies in the car! and my phone. Apparently when you do that it is a big deal. I went to a neighbor to call the locksmith and they told me to call the police. Hence all the action. The fire dept came to wait with me while we waited for a wrecker and to "check on the safety of the children". Oy.

This is such bad timing because I was running for Mother of the Year. Pshaw. I really wanted to ask our local public servants for a picture but I figured if you already look unfit you better act like a responsible parent. I did manage to sneak a picture of the fire truck through the blinds. I was telling Stephen that Charis was "traumatized" and she looked at me and said "I traumatized". Poor baby. At least I taught her a new vocabulary word today.




3 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh NOOOOOOO! We did that same thing on monday- except the kid was not in the car. Our clicker doesn't work and I hit the lock and Mike set the keys in the car to put casons shoes on and get him out. Let's go to Target and get batteries for our clickers!!!

Was the fire department nice or did they make you feel like a worse mom? Did they come with sirens blazing? It seems like they should have an SUV at the station they could bring by for non-fire emergencies.

Courtney Osborne said...

They were very nice. One fireman told me he had done it before. They had to bring the whole engine. It was a tad embarrassing. Yes, let's go get keys and batteries.

alisha said...

what a smart girl to say traumatized. and just look at how you were willing to pull out all the stops for her vocabulary at such a young age!!! :)