Saturday, December 15, 2012

13.1

This Summer Stephen did the couch to 5K program and then said he wanted us to run a half marathon. We started training this Fall.  We would take turns running at night or in the morning.

On December 9th we ran the BCS Half Marathon in College Station.  It was fun.  People were there cheering us all on with signs and yelling.  A few of my favorite signs were "Worst Parade Ever", "Beat Oprah", and "I am proud of you, random stranger".  The race was organized perfectly!  The drink stations and cold towels were perfect.  It was 70 degrees which is hot for a long run but, it was great.

I am glad that Stephen got us to do this but, it has felt great to not HAVE to run this week.  Especially since the temperatures have dropped.



Here are our before/ after pictures.  I spilled water on myself running so don't worry I didn't sweat THAT much.

No comments: