Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dot Mom Rocks

This was an incredible weekend.  I went to the Dot Mom conference in Frisco.  It was a conference through Lifeway.  It had amazing speakers Angie Smith (my new fantasy BFF), Vicki Courtney (no relation), Priscilla Shirer (love her), and John Croyle.  Travis Cottrell led worship and I thought that alone was worth the ticket price.  The breakout sessions were so helpful and encouraging. 

I also LOVED spending time with friends.  It is so rare that we get to be together and really talk.  I am so blessed to have such great, godly friends.  They do my soul good.  We stayed up until 3:30am talking.  I am so thankful to have friends that we can cry, laugh, share, be open, and love each other.  I think my Mom must pay them to hang out with me.  

I learned so much this weekend.  I learned some practical things about raising kids but also learned all over again how much He loves us.  I tear up now just thinking about it (which is huge for me because I can come across as emotionally constipated, but I'm not).  The first five minutes of the conference Travis Cottrell said "He is pleased with you" and I croaked.  I unknowingly give myself a report card every night and usually fail myself in several subjects.  I take guilt to bed that I didn't handle a   situation correctly or that I didn't get to call so-and-so and blah, blah, blah. So when he said that simple statement a whole bunch of TRUTH hit me in the head.  We are justified before God through Christ, there is no condemnation, and He delights in us.  

I would love to do this conference once a year.  I want to give a big shout to Pam for letting us crash in her beautiful home, Stephen for keeping our babies, and Laura for driving in from Houston so we can see her.  

Oh, I almost forgot... I got to meet someone famous!  Kelly met up with Dina since they are super stars and Dina was kind enough to let me meet Kelly also.  She is precious!

No comments: