Sunday, March 17, 2013

More

The other night Charis came to our bed because she was scared and as I held her I thought how she is so much more than I ever imagined my little girl to be.

She is so much more beautiful, funny, imaginative, feisty, difficult, fun, girly, emotional, giving, dramatic, intelligent, and precious than I expected.

Stephen pointed out that even in her sleep she looks older, like she knows what she is doing.  He is right.  She amazed me from when I saw I her in the NICU.  She looked peaceful, strong, and confident.  All 4 lbs of her laid up under lights and she looked like she was running that place in her sleep.

God uses that little fireball in my life.  He teaches me so much as I parent her.  Which is more difficult than I expected also.  I am thankful for her strong personality and know it will be a blessing.  I am thankful for that tiny girl and that she is more than I could have asked for.




Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us
Ephesians 3:20

No comments: