Monday, March 24, 2014

Ears Pierced and Picnics

My girl got her ears pierced.  She had been asking for a while and I told her that it did hurt and you have to put medicine on them everyday and take good care of them and so she needed to think about it and let me know when she was ready.  I thought after said that it hurts that she would let it go but, she kept on.  On Thursday when I picked her up she said right away that she wanted her ears pierced.  So on Friday we went. 

She had a whole crew along for moral support.  Wesley, Aunt Lauren, Katie, Dina, and Drew came along.  She did excellent and didn't shed a tear or make a peep.  I am proud of her.  She has been very good about not touching her ears except to turn them and with clean hands. 

After the piercing was done. I realized I was totally THAT mom.  The one who acts like her kid is the only one to ever get her ears pierced but I was nervous.  I remember that it hurt and was loud.  I hated knowing she was going to feel that but she didn't care at all.  






Today we went on a picnic.  It was a great day.  Being outside to run, slide, get dirty, and jump was just what Drew needed.  I loved watching him explore and get filthy.  He found us a waterfall and other cool things. 






No comments: