Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Great Outdoors

Friday night we went to Cedar Hill State Park.  It was a blast!  Stephen and I are also learning how to be more efficient campers.  I didn't even bring make-up!  We set up camp while the kids played around the site.  Then we went swimming.   By we, I mean the kids.  The swim area was perfect and only about 2 feet deep.
Catching butterflies
 
 That evening we made fajitas and had a family from Stephen's work meet us out there for smores.  They have a 6 yr old boy and 3 yr girl.  Our kids all play together so well.  They were so entertained that we were able to hang out with Jeff and Beth by the fire.  Somehow between the 8 of us only Beth and I got chigger bites.  I have over 80 bites!  I don't know how those little buggers made it through my clothes, but they did.  I sprayed my exposed skin but know I now to spray it all!
Stephen working by the fire

We caught lots of roly pollies.


 

Saturday morning we took what was supposed to be a 2 mile hike.  We somehow missed our way out and hiked about a half a mile back in.  I started noticing that some things were on the same side as before so we turned back.  By this time the kids were tired and we had to carry, piggy back, and give shoulder rides all the way back.
 It was beautiful and peaceful.  The kids slept great and had a blast!  Camping has been so fun for our family. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful looking Kids !!! (Even if I do say so myself) Enjoy the Camping. It'll get easier each time.