Thursday, June 10, 2010

declined

In the words of Dwight K Schrute, "Identity theft is not a joke". For real. I have been embarrassed all over town because as I drag my babies through a store just in time for one to start crying in line (strike one against me), my card is DECLINED (major strike two- people are way judging now). So when that happened yesterday I thought it was a fluke, like God was just needing a laugh. Today I did all my Father's Day shopping and got up to pay and the same thing happened again (minus the crying). So I hot footed it over the Chase and apparently they froze my account because there was "unusual activity". Someone got a hold of my info and used my card to buy, get this, a table tennis set and a body building set to the tune of $500. I am guessing it was Forrest Gump. So I am now waiting a week to get a new card and writing checks like in the 90's. I need to break out my Dooney and Burke wallet to go with my checks.

1 comment:

The Gereckes said...

wow...same thing happened to me recently with chase...not cool. they spent 100 dollars at walmart and I had to call from here and explain that I live in Portugal where there are no walmarts...I don't think they had ANY IDEA where I was till I finally broke down and just said Europe...so sad. They just couldn't believe I didn't have access to a walmart. although I'm NOT laughing about what happened to you...your comments are hilarious...forest gump and dooney and burke :)