Tuesday, June 14, 2011

18 months old




This week our babies turn 18 months old. That is not a baby anymore. Waaaaa! Stephen told me he would wake me up every 3 hours crying to help me get over my baby fever that has set in now that my babies aren't babies.

Our offspring now take one nap a day! They sleep well at night and I am very thankful. Very.

Charis is hilarious! She has such a sense of adventure and no fear. She loves to dance and especially loves some Praise Baby. If you don't know about Praise Baby, then you can thank me later. They are videos, like Baby Einstein, but set to Christian music. I know the whole "TV is the devil and your children will go cross eyed and drool until they're 10 if they happen to catch a glimpse of TV" research study. And I agree but, the 15 minutes that my kids spend dancing around the room to praise songs is so worth it. Sorry, I think I got off subject. Charis... she loves any dairy food but, not much else. She still loves books. We are so thankful for her, she makes me laugh everyday. She has a bit of an independent spirit in her. She loves to be held but, find ways to amuse herself (and us). She still only has 8 teeth but, I can see some that are working on coming in soon.

Drew is a sweet boy. He loves to hug and give kisses. He likes to eat dairy and some fruit. He is also very ornery. He tries to charm me with a very cheesy smile when he is misbehaving. The problem is that I laugh. I try not to but, it is so stinking cute. He has started to give "love bites", that is not funny. He has a mouthful of teeth.

Both have recently learned to use a spoon, kind of.




No comments: