Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day



I am so sad I didn't get any pictures of Father's day. What kind of mom am I?

We had a super day! I tried to let Stephen sleep in but it was cut short. We brought him breakfast in bed and all played in there for a while. Drew and Charis are so blessed to have Stephen as a dad. He is so great with them and I never worry leaving them with him. He takes excellent care of them and they love him.

After church my dad came over for lunch. It was so good to see him and hang out. The kids always get very excited and put on a show. I am blessed to have my dad. He is very kind, thoughtful, loving, and generous. He is sweet enough to drive to see us whenever he has a day off and we are so thankful. The kids love reading books and goofing off when he is here. Dad got Stephen a buffalo hide for Father's Day. A real one that his friend shot. Stephen is going to use it as a rug in the office.
We didn't get to see Stephen's dad because he is preaching in Roaton this week. That is a tropical paradise in the Carribean. We missed him but, didn't feel sorry for him. We are blessed to have him. He is kind, loving, wise, and hilarious. He is such a great father-in-law.

Late in the afternoon, after a much needed nap, we stopped by to see my grandparents and we were able to see my family that was all there. The kids loved playing with the dog and playing with everyone.

I love family days. I know it was Stephen's day but I felt blessed to spend my day with people I love.

No comments: