Saturday, June 18, 2011

My reminder


Let me begin by saying my kids are sweet and I am blessed. With that being said, like EVERY other person they are big fat sinners. Not more so than other kids but, enough so that they are building my character and theirs. Drew is very charming and smiles a giant cheesy smile at me while he does what I very clearly just told him not to do. Charis is more obedient but can already shoot me a look of death. So when I saw Dr. Dobson's Strong Willed Child book at Half Priced Books I knew it was manna for me.

The first night I read through it and went to bed. In the middle of the night I woke up with the words TEACH, TRAIN, and CORRECT in my head. I knew it was God because I hadn't read that in Dr. D's book and lately as I have been disciplining I have heard that little voice in my head say "Did you teach him or just tell him not to do something?". These are all things I knew as a teacher but, once the doctor handed me my own child(ren) I have been, at best, inept. I read lots of books and took a breastfeeding class so I thought I would rock that but, as I called for the lactation nurse for the third time one night I told her "I read all about this but, now I can't remember anything". That was just the beginning of me forgetting things that I used to know so easily. Due to that I needed to put those words on my fridge so I made this sign to remind me.

Dina let me use her fancy machine to cut the letters and then I modge podged them on canvas. I know it may be weird but, I will take encouragement where I can get it. The paper bubbled in places but, it still serves it purpose for me.

1 comment:

Dina said...

that looks so good! I am so glad you read books, because then you can give me the book report when I need the info!