Thursday, September 29, 2011

Miracles happen even in Walmart...

Charis is "advanced". She is only 21 months and already going through the "terrible two's". She has started throwing some pretty spectacular tantrums. They are impressive in their length and endurance. She threw one on Tuesday that left her with hair wet from sweat and me praying on the floor and Drew riding me like a pony.
Yesterday we went to Walmart. I had made it 1/3 of the way down my list when a tantrum set in. So I hurried to check out line and cringed as I pulled up knowing that I was "that mom". I was ready for the looks. But a miracle happened... God put me in the perfect line. The lady in front of me loved kids and wasn't fazed by Charis. She talked to the kids and didn't act like anything was wrong with my child or me. The sweet cashier told me I was a "special mom" and when I apologized for Charis she called her a blessing! It was so nice of them to treat me with such grace. People love sweet, happy kids but, it was so nice for someone else to see the value of my kid even as she was not at her most loveable.
I know a lot of kids throw tantrums and we will get through this phase. She has a lot of sweet traits and I pray God uses her "spunk" for His glory as she gets older.

1 comment:

Michelle Langley said...

That C is a sweet girl!! Love her and can't wait to see her personality develop even more!! :)