Thursday, October 13, 2011

Colorado






Stephen and I tool our first trip from the kids. We went to Colorado. Stephen had a conference there and so we went early and made a vacation out of it. It was so great to be able to spend time together with no schedule. Colorado is really beautiful and hippie. We spent al lot of time in Boulder which is probably the "Austin" of Colorado. It is small but a college town and very "granola" with a side of left wing politics. They are known as a foodie town and we ate some great food.
On Sunday we took a hike. The hike was labelled strenuous but we made it. It was beautiful and the people in the trail were very friendly. Stephen and I took our time going up because the altitude made it hard and it was great to stop and see the gorgeous mountains. The way down was fast.
On Monday Stephen had to work and so I just shopped a bit and read. Monday night we had a client dinner.
Saturday and Sunday I was with Stephen and busy so I was fine being away from the kids but by Monday I was ready to hug them. The feeling wasn't mutual. We got the cold shoulder when we got home. Oh well. They had a great time with grandparents. We are thankful for the babysitting so we could go. We are blessed with great families. Drew and Charis had a blast.

1 comment:

amberdawn said...

Ha ha! I remember that cold shoulder feeling when the boys were younger and we would take weekend trips! It doesn't happen so much now! Of course-neither do the trips-LOL. Can't wait to hear more about your trip when I see you!