Saturday, October 22, 2011

Our week- 22 months




The kids are about 22 months old. They are growing so much and learning something new all the time. While we were in Colorado Honey pointed out the airplanes to the kids and told them that Mama and Dada were flying on a plane. So now Charis is really into airplanes. She calls them "airs" and always signs and tells me "more airs". I love that she thinks I have such power in this world that I can command the planes to fly over on her beckon call. I wish I could do that because I have never seen such joy as when she sees a plane.

Drew is really into unscrewing things. Stephen told me Drew unscrewed something on a Mercedes hubcap the other day. He unscrewed our faucets, too. One day I put pasta into different containers that screwed closed and he spent a glorious 30 minutes unscrewing each, pouring the pasta and starting over.

One day I told Charis I loved her and asked "do you know how much I love you?" and she very confidently answered "lots". I was shocked because I first of all didn't know she understood all I was saying and second, didn't know she would answer me. So now she answers who loves her and how much. She says Jesus loves her lots.

Granddaddy came over and read to the kids this week. They love when he comes by. They put on quite a show and think his beard is neat.

I love all these kids. This is Charis with her BFF, Katie, and Drew. Katie is such a cutie. She is a happy girl. They are only 6 months apart so they will be in school together.

I took Drew to the allergist this week and in 14 days we should have more answers about his allergies, especially his peanut allergy. I loved the allergist and she said that in a few years they should be able to start desensitizing kids to peanuts, so maybe Drew could get over this one day! I pray so because he needs to know the joy of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. He didn't cry at all when took 3 vials of blood. I chickened out and had Stephen take him because I was scared he would freak.

No comments: