Saturday, October 22, 2011

Books


I have heard about the Hunger Games trilogy for a while but I finally just read the first book. It was great! I thought they were Christian fiction but they aren't. They are great though. The books are set in the future which normally would turn me off but, it was very engaging and the world isn't depicted all robotish and stuff. So I recommend the Hunger Games.

My next pick is a little treasure that I picked up at Half Price Books when I was looking for a potty training book to help teach the kids. The book is called The Gas We Pass. It is both entertaining and informative. It is not kid appropriate because it is very crass but I, apparently, have the humor of a seventh grader. I included a few pictures of the pages below...

People fart too. Bubbles rise... plip, plip, plip

The illustrations are so bizarre.

When you begin to fart after an operation, it means your intestines have started working again.

That is true. I love the man celebrating with his arms up.


No comments: