Wednesday, February 3, 2010

6 weeks







Happy 6 week birthday babies! Our babies have been here a whole 6 weeks. In some ways it went by fast, in others (at night) not so much. They are good babies. Drew has grown so much, he weighs almost 9 lbs now. Charis weighs almost 7 lbs. They are sweet and have completely different personalities. Drew is our wild man, he grunts ALL the time and throws his hands and head around while he eats. Today he peed in his own face and was happy until I cleaned him up. Charis is our little birdy, she cries like a bird and eats like a bird. She is such a sweet little girl and barely cried for a month but, then she found her "voice". One morning I went into the room and found Drew like the picture below. For the record he went to sleep fully clothed and swaddled.

Our only trips out so far have been to the doctor and breastfeeding center. Our pediatrician told us we have to wait until they are 8 weeks old to start taking them out. I went to Wal-Mart last weekend and brought home the flu. Thankfully, the babies didn't get it.

I had no idea that breastfeeding would make me sooo hungry. I could out eat Marcus any day. Right now I set mini goals to keep me breastfeeding. I can go to 8 weeks and then I will set a new goal. I am not really a "goal setter" but, this is working for me. Who knows I might set some other goals as well.


This picture looks like Drew is telling Charis a secret but, really he is screaming in her ear. She doesn't mind though. That pretty much sums up our first 6 weeks. They eat, have some waketime and then (hopefully) nap. I am thankful they are gaining weight and growing well. We enjoy watching them grow and look forward to the next 6 weeks!











2 comments:

Dina said...

They are so big! I need to see them soon. I am proud of you for making it 6 weeks. The hardest part is over...until they turn 16.

Dina said...

Oh and Marcus wants to challenge you to an eating contest!