Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Decorate my pad


I need help. I am turning to the internets because I am sure all my friends and family are sick of me asking what to do with my windows. Oh wait! Only my friends and family read this blog. Oh well, help me people!

Granddaddy enclosed our patio last Christmas to make a playroom for the babies. It has been a HUGE blessing for them and us. They love it and I love having a place for the toys. The only issue is that I am left with a design malfunction.
These windows used to look out to a patio and now I want to cover them so people don't see my messy playroom when they walk in. I have tried lots of ideas...
- bamboo blinds (too expensive because they have to be lined and custom)
- sheers (mixed feelings)
- white wood blinds (the rest of my house has them but, I have had various people tell me different things)
- Roman fabric shades

I need to cover 4 windows and a door and I need to not break the bank. Okay, please let me know what to do or nominate me for a HGTV show.


3 comments:

LNel said...

I am thinking Roman shades...keep us posted on this very important decision!

The Kelsos said...

I'm with Nelly on the roman shades or wood blinds like the rest of the house.

alisha said...

ROMAN SHADES! you can buy them...but they are not impossible, or even insanely difficult, to make! I haven't ventured that far in my sewing journeys, yet...but I've seen several people make them themselves-- and there are all sorts of tutorials (Martha Stewart even has a tutorial for them!)

alisha