Friday, May 18, 2012

Big beds

Two posts in one day?  What do I do all day?  But, this is HUGE so I have to post.

My baby girl is in a BIG GIRL bed and my baby boy is sleeping alone in their room.

Today their mattresses were delivered right before nap and I put the bedding on Charis' (Drew's is not put together yet).  I told her to get in her crib for a nap and she said that she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed.  I asked if she was sure and she was adamant.  She had a little of a rough patch settling down (big beds are exciting) but then slept 2 hours!

Stephen was sad about it and wanted her sleep in her crib tonight so we agreed to just see what Charis did and she went straight to her big girl bed when it was time.  It is a lot harder to tuck 2 kids in 2 different rooms.  I felt like a pinball.  Stephen and I weren't ready for this until next week and  so we didn't have closure to them being in the same room.  It is bittersweet.  I told Stephen that she isn't getting married just moving into a bed in another room, but it is still a big rite of passage.

I am so proud of them both!  Tomorrow we will see if Drew wants his bed put together.  Next weekend we are painting and decorating both rooms while the kids go stay with grandparents.

No comments: