Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Conversations

I usually have one conversation explaining my twins everyday.  I know it will happen less as the twins get older and it kind of makes me sad because I do love having twins.  Most of time I don't even notice how funny these conversations are until later.  Today I had a funny conversation on the playground.

Random lady: "Are they brother and sister?'
Me: "Yes, they are twins."
RL: "Why is her hair blonde?"
Me: thinking- Huh? Because God made it that way but say, "Her Daddy had really blonde hair when he was little, too."
RL: "Oh, I guess if I look real hard at their faces I could tell they were twins."
Me:  then I realize she thinks twins should look alike so I say "Yes, they both have blue eyes but my son is a little bigger."
RL:  "Is he older?"
Me: "No, actually my daughter is one minute older."
RL: "One minute!  How did that happen so fast?"
Me:  "I had a C-section"
RL: "Oh, I had nine kids."

At this point I want to turn the tables because I am FASCINATED by large families.  I want to know all sorts of stuff, mainly like how they do it.  I refrained though.  I am so intrigued by the logistics of a large family.  That is why I love those Duggars.


2 comments:

Dina said...

Remember when that lady at Rosa's asked how you tell them apart?!

Courtney Osborne said...

How did I forget that?! That was probably the best ever.