Monday, May 28, 2012

Big Boy and Girl Rooms

This weekend the kids went to stay with Honey and Pops so that we could work on their rooms.  It was so nice of them to offer and we used every second up (except for when we ate out EVERY night).  It was so nice to be able to work on everything and have dinner and TALK.  We love our little people but it is great to have some spouse time.

The kids had a blast with Honey and Pops.  They fed goats, rode a train, went swimming, and saw peacocks.  They loved every second of it.

We painted walls, furniture, and frames.  We moved closets and decorated.  We are so blessed by our family.  Everyone had a hand in this.  My Dad's Christmas gift purchased beds, Honey and Pops kept the kids, my uncle made Drew's bed,  my Mom helped me on Friday and delivered a dresser for me, and my dear friend Dina helped me pick paint.





Drew has done great with the transition.  Charis has not.  We tried letting her sleep in Drew's room to ease the blow and she still cried, so we are trying to use some positive reinforcement to get her to sleep.  Tonight was better than last night but, only because I laid down with her.  I know I am starting something not good, but it helps her now.  I never got to rock my babies to sleep because they were twins so this is our time to make habits that we have to break later;).

2 comments:

Dina said...

You did such an amazing job! I can't wait to come see it in person!

The Kelsos said...

I love the rooms!!! They are fabulous!