Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dr. Kick in the pants

The kids had their 2 year well check today. Sigh. I usually try to take the kids on my own but I have gained some recent wisdom and so I asked Stephen to come help. It was still awful but, manageable. Thankfully the kids looked healthy and seem to be developing on track. I had to fill out this 7 page survey for each child that asked dumb questions like "If you put a cheerio in a bottle will the child turn the bottle over to get it out without trying to put their hand in the bottle?". I was not aware of the oh so critical cheerio in the bottle milestone.

The doctor asked about concerns and so of course I had to voice my frustration over Charis' refusal to eat. I told her the only things I can get Charis to eat. I have tried ALL the healthy foods and natural things but one of the only things she will eat is a turkey dog. Well, the doctor said I can't give her that anymore. I knew it had nitrates in it but I thought that was like sodium. NO, it causes cancer. What the flip, Kip! Cancer. Where is the dang FDA?? Ridiculous.

Next on the list was moving to big beds and new rooms. My doctor has twin grandchildren and so I asked if she had advice. She said not to separate them. Stephen told her I wanted to and she said I can have them nap in their own rooms but at night to let them sleep in the same room in different beds. Oh, by the way potty train your twins.

For reals, I need a nap, on the beach, for a week now.

No comments: