Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Makeover

Today I had an "Ahh haa" moment. Not in a good way. Here is my story...

My kids have been sick this week and we needed out of the house this afternoon. One of my children has been very cranky and so I knew going into a store was like walking through a mine field but I did it.

As I was putting each child in the car I saw two pretty 20ish year old women. When I got the last kid in and was trying to get the stroller to collapse and get the cranky kid to be quiet, the 2 ladies walked up and offered me a makeover. I tried to be nice but I had to refuse their kind offer because my plate was currently full. As they walked away I looked down and saw what they probably saw... it wasn't pretty. I am in major need of Amber ( my wonderful hairstylist) so my grey hair is showing, I had on 7 year old jeans that don't fit well, a hoodie that is a size too big, and the remnants of my 6:30am makeup were gone. Plus, like Annie says "You're never fully dressed without a smile" and I didn't have one on.

I was telling Stephen about the girls wanting to give me a makeover and how I wanted to yell after them "I didn't always look like this". He just laughed. That's it. At least I didn't marry a liar.

Then later tonight I showed Stephen my toes because I tried some of those Sally Hansen nail shields and he cracked up laughing and asked what is was. Then he asked where I got them and I told him Kroger. Stephen in his hick voice said, "Oh, I was just at Krogers looking at the loofahs and purty polish when I saw these and thought those may look nice on me". I was laughing so hard I cried.

The good news is I get my hair done next week and now I am aware.

3 comments:

Dina said...

You don't need a makeover! You are one of the prettiest people I know in real life!

And why in the world did you have make up on since 6:30 am? That's the middle of the night!

amberdawn said...

I agree with Dina! You are beautiful! Can't wait to see you on Tue! Also, remind me to tell you about Jamberry Nail Shields. They are awesome, and cute, and waaay better than the Sally Hansen ones! Plus, I have a Jamberry girl! LOL Of course I do! :)

Unknown said...

You are the one that should be giving a makeover! You are always so cute and stylish!!! Those girls need to be sent my way, quick!