Friday, March 30, 2012

My Twins





Kelly's Korner is linking Mom's of multiples. I am so glad she is doing this because it always helps to hear from other M.O.M's. I don't belong to a multiple club or anything but, sometimes I wish I did.

Our boy/ girl twins are 27 months old (yes, they are fraternal;)). My pregnancy was great, especially for a twin pregnancy. I did have to be on home rest, then bed rest and was admitted to the hospital for a short time and then released with daily visits from a nurse. All that was due to Charis being small and it was extremely difficult to feel her move. Both babies were breech and standing up in me. Drew moved constantly and I never really worried about him but, even from in the womb Charis was making me worry. My doctor is AmAziNg and didn't want to take chances. We thought Charis was going to be scary little but, at birth she was 4 lbs 11 oz and Drew was 5 lbs 9 oz. I know those are little babies but it was bigger than anticipated. I got preeclampsia and delivered a few days early. They were healthy and able to go home 3 days later.

I think motherhood is the great equalizer. No matter how many kids you have moms always have something to talk about. I do love talking to other twin moms though. It is fun to relate to trying to football hold two babies to eat at the same time, guilty feelings that you can't soothe them both like you want to at the same time, the disciplining starts earlier because they have someone to annoy and fight with right away, the sweet kisses or hand holding between the two, or sleep in general.

My fabulous OB told me right away... "get on schedule, no matter what other people say, and it is okay if they cry". Those two tips were all I really needed to know about twins. I didn't want to let them cry but, if I had to in order to take care of another it was okay.

I never thought about having twins. Ever. That was something other people did. Then when we went through infertility all I wanted was ONE baby, ever. So the twin thing is still wild to me. Also, have a boy and girl I don't really think of them as twins. It is really special though and I love seeing them together. I am thankful for them and can't imagine life without these crazy twins.
Things about Charis:
1. She is strong willed ( a blessing and a curse at times)
2. When she tries to say more than 4 words at a time her little eyes get big and she stammers to get it out.
3. She loves to pray , sing, and wear pigtails
4. She is a quick learner but says her name is "Charis Apples"
5. She puts her own shoes on and sometimes they are on the wrong feet

Things about Drew:
1. He refers to himself as "Drewby"
2. He says "Don't fall down, Drewby" about 8 times a day
3. He cuddles
4. He eats (that is a blessing to me)
5. He has dimples when he smiles

1 comment:

Dina said...

I love those twins!